We live in a mobile age where people are spending more time on mobile devices than ever before. With smartphones dominating the market, it is essential to understand the overall effect and increased opportunities mobile can have on your site and content engagement.
According to the June 2015 Ericsson Mobility Report, the growth of mobile traffic will be exponential in the coming years, with Ericsson predicting that there will be some 6.1 billion smartphones in circulation by the year 2020. And, even with this incredible growth prediction, mobile remains as equally important right now:
- In 2015, the mobile audience for magazines increased over 65%.
- Google uses mobile accessibility as a critical element in their search ranking calculations.
- Almost 1/3 of site visitors arrive from a smart device, such as a phone or tablet.
- 27% of consumers will abandon a site it if is not mobile-optimized.
- Out of 50 U.S. news sites, 39 receive the most traffic from users on mobile devices.
With these key statistics, it is clear that it is becoming essential to understand the mindset of your mobile users. They want information and they want to consume it quickly and easily. Due to this fact, the mobile experience for your site visitors should be more tailored and optimized to match their browsing tendencies. Make sure your site content is easy to read and that your site is easy to navigate.
- Media publishers should ensure that users can easily scroll through and access different articles.
- E-commerce pages should have a quick and intuitive path to purchase with an easily recognizable call to action.
- Break your content into lists or bullet point format for quick reading.
- Quick load time- no longer than 3-4 seconds to avoid users leaving your page before it even loads.
A positive user experience is critical to any site’s success, and ensuring your visitors feel more comfortable and engaged with your brand. By ensuring your site and overall content is accommodating and adaptable to the increasing mobile trend, you will be poised for bigger and better opportunities on the small screen.
Powering 250 billion content recommendations per month, Revcontent is the fastest growing content recommendation network and reaches 97% of US households, according to Quantcast. To learn more about content that converts, sign up or visit our website.